French Toast Muffins
1 cup milk
½ cup butter melted
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
¾ cups packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
French Toast topping
3 tablespoons milk
1 egg beaten
6 slices of cinnamon bread
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Take 6 – 9 slices of cinnamon bread, crust cut off and cut into cubes.
2) Combine 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 egg beaten. Pour over cubed bread. (if bread doesn’t look “wet” enough feel free to add more milk/egg mixture.) Set aside.
3) Combine milk, butter, egg, maple, & vanilla flavoring in another bowl.
4) Combine 2 cups flour, ¾ cups packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt & 3 teaspoons cinnamon in another bowl.
Pour liquid mixture over flour mixture.
5) Spoon batter into muffin pans
6) Spoon French toast topping evenly over batter; press slightly.
7) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
8) Pour syrup over muffins and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and…….